This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.HeroHealthAndFitness.com (the “website”).
We (Hero Health And Fitness) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This website is operated by HERO HEALTH AND FITNESS. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), we are the data controller.
In this Policy, when we refer to “you”, we are referring to you, as the person or entity accessing, viewing and/or using the Website. Any reference to “we”, “our”, “us” etc is a reference to HERO HEALTH AND FITNESS
WHAT INFORMATION MAY WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- The information which is voluntarily given by you by completing forms on the website including any personal details you type and submit for example your name, email address, postal address, date of birth and telephone number (and including any other information provided at the time of registering on our site, placing an order, subscribing to our newsletter and entering competitions or prize draws).
- In connection with an account sign-in feature your log-in details including, but not limited to, your user-name and password.
- Details of goods purchased whilst using the Website and fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of any changes which you notify us are to be made to your account at any time.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or call.
- Information from any research which we may carry out on the website, should you choose to participate.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, click-stream data, HTTP protocol elements, search terms, HTTP cookies, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Your IP address in order to authenticate users: this is the individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when it is connected to the Internet.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information, however failure to do so may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used as follows:
- To administer your account with us and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To process your orders and provide you with the products or services which you request through our site.
- To provide you with order and billing information.
- To notify you about changes to our goods and / or services.
- To keep records of purchases, sales or other transactions for the purpose of ensuring that the requisite payments and deliveries are made in respect of those transactions.
- To identify visitors to our website
- To administer and improve our website as we want our website to be the best it can be.
- To improve customer service
- To personalise your experience
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, research or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails.
- To provide you with information, products or services which we feel may be of interest to you, provided you have not objected to being contacted for such purposes.
- To audit data downloading from our website.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us using the contact details provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
We do not collect or hold any of your financial information.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
However we may disclose your personal information to third parties or permit third parties to use your personal information:
- To provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you provided you have not objected to being contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form).
- When we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law. We may disclose information about you to law enforcement officials in the investigation of any alleged unlawful activities by you. We may also be required to disclose information to a court or regulatory body when required to do so by law.
- When we believe it is appropriate to enforce our website policies or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your information with our service providers (to help manage the Website and provide services, including but not limited to, marketing and processing online purchases) and with any person or organisation (and their advisers) who might take over the services provided by the Website to allow them to prepare for taking over (after that, we may also allow that person or organisation to use and share your information on the same basis as us).
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device, including mobile or handheld device (such as a smart phone or tablet), as you browse the Website.
We only collect information we feel is essential for you to use the Website efficiently and to improve services for you, for example:
- for technical purposes essential to the effective operation of the Website;
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task;
- measuring how many people are using the Website, to ensure there is enough capacity for the Website to operate at a reasonable speed;
- completion and support of the current activity being undertaken by the user, for example previously viewed pages or products;
- monitoring the success of campaigns and competitions;
- website and system administration, for example, tracking the number of website users for marketing purposes;
- remembering pages viewed;
- monitoring your journey around the Website which helps us improve navigation and ease of access to popular pages; and
- remembering items you have saved to your basket.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can choose to decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The information which we collect about you will be stored on a UK based secure server.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Our security and privacy policies are reviewed and enhanced as necessary. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Your account is password-protected for your security and we accordingly advise that you maintain the privacy of your password. Furthermore it is recommended that you occasionally change your password to maintain this level of security.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Should you wish us to stop sending you email correspondence, please click ‘unsubscribe’ on the most recently received email.
- Should you wish us to stop sending you postal correspondence, please contact us using the contact details provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
Where you ask us to stop sending you correspondence through either our postal mailing list or our email mailing list we shall take reasonable steps to remove your details from both our postal and email mailing lists. However, in the event that you continue to receive correspondence through one of these mailing lists, please contact us using the contact details provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. To do this, simply contact us using the contact details provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below. Should we be prevented from disclosing your personal information, reasons will be given for the refusal. We may also request that you provide further information and identification to enable your request to be processed.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the contact details provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below. We will thereafter correct any information found to be incorrect. You can find detailed information about your rights under the Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner’s website: http://www.ico.org.uk/ .
This policy was last amended on 22 March 2015.
If you need to contact us for any reason regarding this policy, including the collection and / or use of your personal data, or as otherwise indicated in any section of this Policy, our contact details are as follows: